CURRENT AFFAIRS PULSE
All the below issues were taken from the Hindu
All the below issues were taken from the Hindu Dated: February 21, 2017
|1. The Quadrilateral Coordination Group of Afghanistan, comprises which of the following?
4. AfghanistanSelect the correct codea) 1, 3 and 4 only
b) 2, 3 and 4 only
c) 1, 2 and 3 only
d) all the above
|2. Consider the following statements with respect to Radcliffe line,
1. It was published on 17 August 1947 as a boundary demarcation line between India, Pakistan and Bangladeshupon the Partition of India.2. It was named after its architect, Sir Cyril Radcliffe, who was the chairman of the Border Commissions.
3. The members of the Boundary Commission were nominated by both the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League.
Which of the above statement/s is/are correct?Select the correct code
a) 1 and 3 only b) 1 and 2 only c) 2 and 3 only d) 1, 2 and 3
|3. The annual socio-religious Solung festival of Adi tribe is 5-day long agro-based festival and is celebrated every year by the Adi tribe in the first week of September. Adi or ‘Bangni-Boker lhoba ’people are the majorcollective tribes living in the himalayan hills of ‘Nyingchi’ prefecture. It is celebrated in
a) Arunachal Pradesh
c) Himachal Pradesh
- ‘URJA’- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile app was launched by which of the following?
a) Ministry of Power
- b) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
c) Ministry of Urban Development
d) Ministry of Finance
|5. Consider the following about ‘Project Loon’,
1. Project Loon uses artificial intelligence to help improve the balloons’ navigation algorithms.
2. The balloons are placed in Mesosphere to reduce turbulence.
3. As of now, the project is using a drone called Aquila to blanket the earth with Wi-Fi signals.
Which of the above statement/s is/are correct?Select the correct codea) 1 only b) 2 only c) 3 only d) all are correct
|6. Science Express Climate Action Special was in news recently. It is
a) an expressive online platform linking science and climate action plan
b) a scientific monitoring system for the enforcement of Paris Agreementc) a Special Funding department focusing on Climate related R&D
d) an innovative mobile science exhibition mounted on a 16 coach AC train
|7. ‘National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC)’ was set up in 1989 as a non- profit company under which of the following?
a) Ministry of Minority Affairs
b) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
c) Ministry of Home Affairs
d) Prime Minister Office
|8. A Memorandum of Understanding was recently signed between the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and Ministry of Textiles. Consider the following statements regarding NSFDC,
1. NSFDC finances income generation schemes for the target group through the State Channelising Agencies nominated by respective State/UT Governments.2. NSFDC was set up for financing, facilitating and mobilizing funds for the economic empowerment of persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes families living below double the Poverty Line.
Which of the above statement/s is/are correct?
Select the correct codea) 1 only b) 2 only c) both d) neither
|9. Which of the following is the second largest economic activity after agriculture in India?
a) Pharmaceuticals sector
b) Food processing sector
c) Finance sector
d) Textile sector
|10. ‘Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’ is under which of the following Ministry?
a) Ministry of Urban Development
b) Ministry of Rural Development
c) Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation
d) Ministry of Social justice & Empowerment
|11. Consider the following statements regarding ‘Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’,
1. It aims to address Slum rehabilitation of slum dwellers with participation of private developers using land asa resource.
2. The scheme aims for Promotion of affordable housing for weaker section through credit linked subsidy.
Select the appropriate code
a) 1 only b) 2 only c) both d) neither
|12. Recently Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram has launched ‘Saathiya resource kit’. Consider the following statements,
1. The initiative aims to bring down the apprehensions and doubts among growing adolescents about the body related changes that they undergo during puberty.
2. It is under Ministry of Women & Child Development.
Select the correct code
a) 1 only b) 2 only c) both d) none