1)India, Bangladesh to construct bridge along Mizoram border:-
- India and Bangladesh have decided to construct a bridge over Mizoram’s Khawthlangtuipui river (also known as Karnaphuli river) to facilitate trade and improve communication between the two neighbours.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had given the approval to construct the bridge and linking roads.
2)Chhattisgarh tops list of states in issuance of soil health cards:-
- Chhattisgarh has topped the list among all the states in the country for having issued over 43 lakh soil health cards (SHCs) to farmers in the past two years.
- As against the target of providing 38,90,709 SHCs in the first phase of the scheme between 2015 and 2017 financial years, as many as 43,37,595 SHCs were issued to farmers in the state.
3)India’s first university for Dalit students to come up in Hyderabad:-
- A proposal to establish an exclusive university for Dalit students in Hyderabad is under active consideration of the Telangana government.
- The university is said to be part of the government’s policy of providing education free of cost to students from weaker sections from kindergarten to post-graduation (KG to PG) level.
- The proposal was mooted by a government arm – Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (TSWREIS).
4)Goa gets Rs 100 crore for tourism infrastructure:-
- Goa has been allotted Rs 100 crore by the Union ministry for tourism under phase II of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- The funds will be used for developing the state’s coastal circuit from Panaji to Palolem.
While the initial allotment of Rs 100 crore under phase I for coastal circuit development is being utilized for developing the coastal belt in North Goa from Sinquerim to Keri, the phase II allotment of Rs 100 crore will be utilized for developing the South Goa coastline from Panaji to Palolem.
5)Naqvi inaugurates first Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Centre in Hyderabad:-
- Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that besides providing various job-oriented skill development courses, Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Centres of Ministry of Minority Affairs will also offer certificate course in Goods and Services Tax accounting/programming and other related subjects.
- While inaugurating the first Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Centre at Vijayanagar Colony in Hyderabad, Shri Naqvi said that the youths, after completing about three-months duration Goods and Services Tax course, will not only be able to help small-medium traders and the common people, but they will also immensely benefitted by this course as it will open vast job opportunities in the related sectors.
1)12th G20 Summit held in Hamburg, Germany:-
- The 2017 G20 Hamburg summit was the twelfth meeting of the Group of Twenty (G20), which was held on 7–8 July 2017, at Hamburg Messe, in the city of Hamburg, Germany.
- As well as permanent members of the committee, the leaders of Guinea, the Netherlands, Norway, the Philippines, Senegal, Singapore, Spain and Vietnam were also in attendance.
- THE G20, or group of 20, is an international meeting between heads of states, finance ministers and central bank governors from the world’s leading economies.
- Founded in 1999 to give developing countries a more powerful voice in the global economy, the summit brings together industrialised and emerging economies.
- The group makes up 85 per cent of the world’s GDP and two-thirds of its population.
Next G-20 summit will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2)Petroleum Minister to represent India at 22nd World Petroleum Congress:-
- Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan will be visiting Istanbul, Turkey from 10 – 12 July 2017 to represent India at the 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference.
- During his participation at the Conference, Shri Pradhan will be chairing a Ministerial Session on the subject “Current Economic Strategies in Indian Oil & Gas Sector” and a Plenary Session on ‘Supply and Demand Challenges for Oil, Gas and Products’.
- He is scheduled to hold several bilateral meetings with visiting Petroleum Ministers.
- The tri-annual WPC Conference is widely recognized as the `Olympics` of the oil and gas industry.
1)SBI in Nepal launches digital village:-
- The digital village initiative has been launched in Jarisingpouwa in Shankarapur Rural Municipality, 25 km east from Kathmandu.
- The cash counter enables the villagers to deposit and withdraw money through the automatic machine.
2)GST intelligence agency gets new chief:-
- Joseph, a 1983 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has worked in the Finance Ministry’s important departments, including the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
- The DG GSTI is the new name given to the Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence (DGCEI), mandated to check service tax and central excise duty evasion.
3)Centre launches GST Rates Finder app:-
- The Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley launched a mobile app “GST Rates Finder” in his chamber in the national capital which is now available on android platform and will soon be available on iOS platform as well.
- This Mobile app helps users to find rates of GST for various goods and services.
CBEC has also provided a GST rate finder on its portal to help the taxpayers know the applicable GST rate on their supplies of goods and services.
- A taxpayer can search for applicable CGST, SGST, UTGST rate and Compensation Cess on a supply.