1)Centre allots Rs 60,000 cr to interlink rivers in Maharashtra:-
Union Water resources minister Nitin Gadkari and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced a Rs 60,000 crore plan to link rivers in the state.
• Fadnavis and Gujarat CM Vinay Rupani will be soon signing a pact for river water sharing too to improve the water crisis situation in Maharashtra.
• Gadkari said that the Centre will provide financial assistance to the tune of up to Rs 60,000 crore in the next two years to the state for developing river-linking and irrigation projects under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
Points to Remember:-
• Maharashtra is a state in the western region of India and is India’s second-most populous state and third-largest state by area.
• Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra. Nagpur is Maharashtra’s second capital as well as its winter capital while Pune is regarded as its Cultural Capital.
• The major rivers of the state are Godavari, and Krishna.
• C Vidyasagar Rao is the governor of Maharashtra.
2)80 lakh students to get enrolled under countrywide ‘school chalo abhiyan’:-
Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar said the government will undertake a programme from next year to enrol “70-80 lakh” students in the country who are out of schools.
• “There are about 70-80 lakh children who are not going to schools. We have thought of a plan to address the problem.It will be known as ‘school chalo abhiyan’,” Javadekar said.
3)West Bengal leads in new tax registration under GST regime:-
While the national average is 23%, West Bengal leads the pack with as high as 77% in new tax registration under the GST regime in India.
• The figures were disclosed by Mr Arvind Singh, the new principal commissioner, GST & CX.
• According to him, even states such as Gujarat and Maharashtra are behind West Bengal in GST registration.
4)Second State Start Up Conference inaugurated in New Delhi:-
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Government of India is organizing the Second State Startup Conference on 12 September, 2017 in New Delhi.
• The conference shall be inaugurated by the Minister of State, Shri C.R. Choudhary and shall be attended by senior functionaries from State/Union Territory Governments, Incubators/Accelerators, Funding agencies, VCs, Angel investors and Startups.
• The conference is expected to provide a significant impetus to the creation of an enabling Startup Ecosystem in the country.
5)7th International Conference on Cost Effective Use of Technology in eHealth Care:-
Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare, inaugurated the 7th International Conference and Workshop on Cost Effective Use of Technology in eHealth Care at AIIMS, New Delhi.
• Speaking at the function, Shri Choubey underscored the urgency for harnessing Information Technology for better and effective healthcare delivery in the country.
• Referring to the Digital India initiative of the Honourable Prime Minister, he emphasised on the need for making optimal use of technology for delivering healthcare services to the people.
• The Minister further stated that that e-application in healthcare will reduce cost and save time for doctors and patients.
6)Modi, Abe to lay foundation for bullet train project on September 14:-
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart from Japan Shinzo Abe will lay the foundation for the country’s first high-speed train project — Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train — on September 14th in Ahmedabad.
• The 508-km-long project to be built with estimated investment of ₹1,08,000 crore will be funded up to 81% by Japan with soft loan of ₹88,000 crore at interest rate of 0.1% with repayment period 50 years.
7)Venkaiah Naidu lays foundation for smart city project in Ranchi:-
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation for building the nation’s first Greenfield smart city project in HEC of Ranchi.
• Speaking on the occasion, he said for the bright future, smart cities are a must where people get all the amenities of life including houses, roads, public transport, cleanliness alongwith medical and educational and employment facilities.
• He said the city which would come up in HEC would be a no carbon zone.
8)Kochi to host summit on coastal shipping and waterways:-
Kochi will host the fifth edition of Coastal Shipping and Inland Water Transportation Business Summit 2017 on September 22.
• The summit will be an initiative to explore the immense potential of coastal shipping and waterways.
9)Karnataka stands tallest in manufacturing excellence: Assocham:-
Karnataka stands at top among the states of the country in terms of manufacturing excellence, according to a study by industry chambers Assocham.
• Karnataka has the best manufacturing process ratio of 2.63, with maximum value of goods being converted into finished goods valuing over Rs 2,000 crore.
• The study was conducted by Assocham’s Economic Research Bureau.
Points to Remember:-
• The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is one of the apex trade associations of India.
• The goal of this organisation is to promote both domestic and international trade and reduce trade barriers.
• It was founded in 1920 and headquartered in New Delhi. Sandeep Jajodia is its current President.
1)Age limit to join National Pension Scheme raised to 65 years:-
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has announced that the upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) had been raised to 65 years, from the current 60.
• NPS is currently open for people between 18 and 60, and the Board has approved raising the age limit for joining to 65.
1)World Congress of Optometry begins in Hyderabad:-
The second World Congress of Optometry began in Hyderabad to discuss new ideas and share research and knowledge about various facets of optometry.
• It will be focused on the future of optometry, upgrading optometrists’ skills, as well as developing clinical and professional knowledge and skills.
• The conference theme is ‘Accessible, quality vision and eye health’.
• The biennial congress is a World Council of Optometry (WCO) initiative organised in partnership with the Asia Pacific Council of Optometry (APCO) and the India Vision Institute (IVI).