1) Communication satellite GSAT-17 launched from French Guiana:-
- India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-17 was successfully launched by a heavy duty rocket of Arianespace from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana.
- Configured around I-3K extended bus, GSAT-17 with a lift-off mass of about 3,477 kg carries payloads in Normal C- band, Extended C-band and S-band to provide various communication services.
- It also carries equipment for meteorological data relay and satellite based search and rescue services being provided by earlier INSAT satellites.
2) Odisha to set up blood bank for cattle:-
- Odisha is all set to become the first state in the country to have a blood bank for the cattle.
- Vice-chancellor of the Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) Surendra Nath Pasupalak said that the first of its kind blood bank would be established on the premises of OUAT at an estimated cost of Rs. 3.25 crore.
- The project will have a 60:40 sharing between the Centre and the state government, the OUAT VC.
3) Dr Harsh Vardhan and Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurate Swasth Saarthi Abhiyaan:-
- Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, together, inaugurated the Swasth Saarthi Abhiyaan (SSA).
- The Swasth Saarthi Abhiyaan (SSA) is a two month long mega campaign focusing on providing preventive healthcare to the auto, taxi and bus drivers of the region.
- The SSA event is a unique initiative to address the major issues being faced by public transport drivers of the region, with almost all of them being users of CNG.
4) EC partners with Facebook for voters registration:-
- Election Commission of India (ECI) is launching a ‘Special Drive to enrol left out electors, with a special focus on first time electors from 1st July , 2017 , so as to move in the direction of Commission’s motto that ‘NO VOTER TO BE LEFT BEHIND’ .
- In order to reach out to maximum eligible voters, the ECI is collaborating with Facebook to launch first Nationwide “Voter Registration Reminder” on 1st July ,2017 .
- With over 180 million people in India on Face book, the ‘Register Now’ button is designed to encourage Indian citizens to register themselves with the Election Commission of India.
- On 1st July, a notification of the “voter registration reminder” will be sent to people on Facebook in India who are eligible to vote.
- The reminder will be sent out in 13 Indian languages – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Marathi and Oriya.
- This is the first time Facebook’s voter registration reminder has been rolled out across India. In 2016 and 2017, Chief Electoral Officers made such efforts at state level during their respective state elections.
1) Sharjah named World Book Capital:-
- Sharjah has been named the ‘World Book Capital’ title for 2019 by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
- The honour is a recognition of the emirate’s pioneering role in supporting and expanding the local and regional publishing industries.
- The accolade is an important addition to Sharjah’s existing portfolio of milestones like, Capital of Arab Culture (1998), Capital of Islamic Culture (2014), and Capital of Arab Tourism (2015).
1) Google fined record 2.42 billion euros by European Commission:-
- The European Union has slapped a record 2.42 billion euro fine on Google for breaching the anti-trust rules with its online shopping service.
- It gave the Mountain View, California, company 90 days to stop or face fines of up to 5 per cent of the average daily worldwide turnover of parent company Alphabet.
2) UP govt signs pact with ADB for strengthening of roads:-
- Uttar Pradesh Government has signed an agreement with Asian Development Bank ADB for a loan of 1950 crore rupees for strengthening of roads in different district.
- The agreement was signed at Lucknow in the presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and ADB President Takehiko Nakao.
- As per agreement, ADB will provide the loan amount for Uttar Pradesh Main District Roads Development Project of 2782 crore rupees cost.
- State government will spend 832 crore rupees form its own resources on the project.
Project is scheduled to be completed by 2024 and ADB will provide the loan for the period of 25 years on the interest rate of 2 percent.