1)2017 BRICS Youth Forum opens in Beijing:-
- The 2017 BRICS Youth Forum opened in China to discuss youth development in the BRICS member-nations.
- The theme of this forum is “Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Youth Development.
BRICS, first came up with the idea of establishing a dialogue mechanism for BRICS youth in 2014 during a meeting between BRICS leaders in South Africa.
- BRICS was established in 2009.
- South Africa officially became a member nation on 24 December 2010.
- 8th meeting of BRICS in 2016 hosted by India.
- 9th meeting of BRICS in 2017 will be held in Xiamen China.
1)PM to inaugurate Kalam’s memorial in Tamilnadu:-
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the former President, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s memorial at Pei Karumbu, Rameswaram.
- The PM would flag off ‘Kalam Sandesh Vahini’, an exhibition bus which would travel across various States of the country and reach Rashtrapati Bhavan on October 15th which marks the birth anniversary of the former President.
- The memorial has been constructed by DRDO in exactly one year. The Memorial has four main halls each depicting the life and times of Dr Kalam. Hall-1 focuses on his childhood and educational phase, Hall-2 the Presidential days, including address to Parliament and UN Council, Hall-3 his ISRO and DRDO days and Hall-4 his post-Presidential days, till he breathed his last at Shillong.
2)Nation celebrates Kargil Vijay Diwas on July 26 2017:-
- The country is celebrating the 18th Anniversary of ‘Kargil Vijay Diwas’ on 26th of July, 2017. pay homage to India’s emphatic victory against Pakistan and honors the war heroes.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed the Indian armed forces for their prowess and sacrifices for the country on the occasion of ‘Kargil Vijay Diwas’.
- India launched ‘Operation Vijay’ to clear the Kargil sector of infiltration by the Pakistani soldiers and Kashmiri militants on the Indian side of the Line of Control.
- The war took place between May and July of 1999 in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kargil district.
- The Army declared the mission successful on July 26, 1999; since then the day has been celebrated annually as Vijay Diwas.
1)SIDBI starts merchant banking operations:-
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) organized a brief interactive workshop at Mumbai on the issue of enhanced access of MSMEs to capital markets including SME Trading Platform and Institutional Trading Platform.
- To benefit the expanding number of growth oriented MSMEs especially those with a strong technology and innovation quotient, SIDBI has started full fledged Merchant Banking operations.
- The meeting aimed at sharing ideas, issues, constraints, suggestions for addressing the challenges in MSMEs accessing capital through the SME Exchanges or the Institutional Trading Platform (ITP) of BSE and NSE.
- SIDBI set up on April 2, 1990
- Headquarters – Lucknow
- CMD – Kshatrapati Shivaji
2)Microsoft launches ‘Made for India’ Kaizala app:-
- Microsoft launched its first “Made for India” chat messaging application called Kaizala .
Kaizala is a made for India product for the mobile first world . The application is designed for large group communication and can enable messages to be sent to millions of people on a group simultaneously.
- Microsoft Kaizala has been optimised for 2G networks to enable connectivity in remote locations and offers features with offline support.
- Headquarters- Redmond, Washington
- CEO- Satya Nadella
- Chairman of Microsoft India – Bhaskar Pramanik
1)Mr. Garg appointed as as India’s Alternate Governor on Board of Governors of ADB:-
- Shri Subhash Chandra Garg, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India has been appointed as India’s Alternate Governor on the Board of Governors of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila, Philippines.
- Shri Garg has been appointed in place of Former , DEA Secretary, Shri Shaktikanta Das.
- Headquarters: Manila Philippines
- President: Takehiko Nakao
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Members : 67 countries