Current Affairs PM Narendra Modi-Donald Trump Meet To Set Forth Vision To Expand Indo-US...
PM Narendra Modi-Donald Trump Meet To Set Forth Vision To Expand Indo-US Ties: White House:-
- US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi would “set forth a vision” to expand the US-India partnership in an ambitious way. The leaders of the world’s two largest democracies, home to 1.6 billion people, will meet on June 26 to discuss a gamut of bilateral issues including terrorism and India’s concerns over possible changes in H-1B visa rules.
- “I think you can expect the two of them to set forth a vision that will expand the US-India partnership in an ambitious and worthy way of both countries’ people,”.
- Mr Spicer , the two leaders were expected to set forth a “common vision” on expanding the US-India partnership. He cited fighting terrorism, promoting economic growth and reforms and expanding security cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region as shared priorities.
- “President Trump and Prime Minister Modi will look to outline a common vision for the United States-India partnership that is worthy of their 1.6 billion citizens,” Mr Spicer said.
- Mr Trump invited PM Modi to Washington after the latter rang him in January to congratulate the new president on his inauguration.