இந்தியப்பொருளாதாரமானது விவசாயம், கைவினைப்பொருட்கள், தொழில்துறை, மற்றும் சேவைத்துறை போன்ற பலவற்றைச் சார்ந்துள்ளது. சேவைத்துறையே இந்தியாவின் தற்போதைய பொருளாதார வளர்ச்சிக்கு காரணமாக உள்ளது. இந்தியாவின் மக்கள்தொகையில் மூன்றில் இரண்டு பங்கானது நேரடியாகவோ மறைமுகமாகவோ விவசாயத்தையே சார்ந்துள்ளது.
Reference book – To click here to download
1)அரசமைப்புச் சட்டம் – ப.அர.ஜெயராஜன்:-
இந்திய அரசியலமைப்பு என்பது இந்தியாவின்உயர்ந்தபட்ச சட்டமாகும். உலகின் மிகப்பெரிய குடியரசு நாடான சுதந்திர இந்தியாவின் அரசியலமைப்பு, உலகிலேயே மிக நீளமான அரசியலமைப்பாகும். இது எழுதப்பட்டு சட்டமாக்கப்பட்ட அரசியலமைப்பு, நெகிழாத்தன்மையும் நெகிழ்ச்சித் தன்மையும் உடையது, கூட்டாட்சியும் ஒருமுகத்தன்மையும் கொண்டது, பொறுப்புள்ள அரசாங்கத்தை உடையது என்று பல சிறப்பம்சங்களைக் கொண்டது. இது அடிப்படை அரசியல் கொள்கைகள், அரசாங்க நிறுவனங்களின் கட்டமைப்பு, நடைமுறைகள், சக்திகள், மற்றும் அடிப்படை உரிமைகள், உத்தரவுக் கொள்கைகள், குடிமக்களின் கடமைகள் ஆகியவற்றின் கட்டமைப்புகளை உள்ளடக்கியுள்ளது. இது தான் இதுவரை உலக நாடுகளின் இடையே எழுதப்பட்டதில் மிக நீண்ட அரசியலமைப்பாகும். இதில் மொத்தம் 22 பிரிவுகள், 12 அட்டவணைகள், 101 திருத்தங்கள், 465 உட்பிரிவுகள் மற்றும் 117,369 சொற்கள் உள்ளன. இது ஆங்கிலப் பதிப்பைத் தவிர, ஒரு அதிகாரப்பூர்வ இந்திமொழிபெயர்ப்பினையும் கொண்டுள்ளது. இந்திய அரசியலமைப்பை உருவாக்கும் பணி 29 ஆகஸ்ட் 1947 அன்று முதல் இந்திய அரசமைப்பு நிர்ணய மன்றத்தால் தொடங்கப்பட்டது. முழுமையடைந்த அரசியலமைப்பு 1950 ஆம் ஆண்டு ஜனவரி 26 அன்று நடைமுறைக்கு வந்தது. (இத்தேதி 26 ஜனவரி 1929, முழு தன்னாட்சி சாற்றல் நினைவாகத் தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டது). இதன் மூலம் இந்தியா ஒரு ஒருங்கிணைந்த, தன்னாட்சி கொண்ட, குடியரசின் மக்களாட்சிக் கோட்பாட்டின்படி வழிநடத்துகின்ற நாடாக அறிவித்துக் கொண்டது. நடைமுறைக்கு வந்த பிறகு, அதுவரை நாட்டின் அடிப்படை நிருவாக ஆவணமாக இருந்த இந்திய அரசு சட்டம், 1935 என்னும் சட்டத்திற்கு பதில் இந்திய அரசியலமைப்பு நாட்டின் அடிப்படை நிர்வாக ஆவணமாக மாற்றியது. அரசியலமைப்புக்கு வலுசேர்க்கும் விதமாக 1976 ல் நடைபெற்ற திருத்தங்களில் இந்தியா பொதுவுடைமை, மதச்சார்பின்மை மற்றும் நேர்மை இவைகளை தன் கொள்கைகளாக அறிவித்தது. இந்தியா தனது அரசியலமைப்பின் ஏற்பை ஒவ்வொரு ஆண்டும் ஜனவரி 26ம் தேதியை குடியரசு நாளாகக் கொண்டாடுகிறது.
இந்திய அரசியலமைப்பின் படி இந்தியா ஒரு கூட்டாட்சி (federalism) நாடாகும். இருப்பினும் இந்திய அரசியலமைப்புச் சட்டத்தில் ‘கூட்டாட்சி’ (கூட்டரசு – federal government) என்ற சொல்லிற்குப் பதிலாக ‘ஒன்றியம்’ (union) என்ற சொல்தான் பயன்படுத்தப்பட்டுள்ளது.
இந்திய அரசியலமைப்பின் முகப்புரையில், ” இறையாண்மை உடைய ஜனநாயக, சமதர்ம, சுதந்திரக் குடியரசு” என்றும் ” இந்திய யூனியன்” என்றும் இந்தியா பெயரிடப்பட்டுள்ளது. இது இச்சட்டத் தொகுப்பின் முழுப் புரிதலையும் தரும்படி அமைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதில் இந்தியக் குடிமக்களுக்கான அடிப்படை உரிமைகள் தொடக்கத்திலேயே வழங்கப்பட்டிருந்தாலும், பின்பு அடிப்படைக் கடமைகளும் உருவாக்கப்பட்டன. இந்திய அரசமைப்பின் தனிச் சிறப்புக்களில் ‘அடிப்படை உரிமைகளும்’ அடங்கும்.
இந்திய அரசமைப்பு சட்டம் உருவாக்கப்படும் போது, பல்வேறு நாடுகளின் அரசமைப்புச் சட்டங்களின் கூறுகள் எடுத்துக் கொள்ளப்பட்டன. இதனால் இந்திய அரசமைப்பு சட்டத்தை, ‘கடன்களின் பொதி’ என்பர். ‘கூட்டாட்சி முறையை’ கனடாவில் இருந்தும், ‘அடிப்படை உரிமைகள்’ அமெரிக்க ஐக்கிய நாடுகளிடம்இருந்தும், அடிப்படைக் கடமைகளை அன்றைய சோவியத் யூனியனிடமிருந்தும் பெற்றது. அரசியல் சட்டத்திருத்த முறையை தென்னாப்பிரிக்கா இருந்தும், ராஜ்யசபா நியமன எம்.பி.,க்கள் முறையை அயர்லாந்திடம் இருந்தும் பெற்றது.
Reference Book – To click here to download
Current Affairs News:-
Source: THE HINDU, NDTV, HINDUSTAN TIMES and TIMES OF INDIA
1)Japan’s men-only island gets UNESCO heritage tag:
2)India to join new Global Foreign Exchange Committee:
3)President unveils online education portal Swayam:
4)G-20 leaders propose Hamburg Action Plan at summit conclusion:
5)Petroleum Minister to represent India at 22nd World Petroleum Congress at Istanbul, Turkey To launch event on HELP to promote upcoming O&G Bid rounds in India:
1)Extension of NPS Fortnight:-
- To promote and create awareness about the National Pension System (NPS) and improve the quality of services provided to the subscribers, PFRDA is observing NPS fortnight from 27th June, 2017 to 11th July, 2017 successfully.
- NSDL has developed a link which encapsulates all the information and functionalities related to NPS subscriber, including ‘NPS Mobile App’.
2)Finance Minister Launches ‘Aaykar Setu’:-
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched a new tax payer service module called Aaykar Setu.
- It compiles various tax tools, live chat facility, dynamic updates, and important links to various processes within the Income Tax Department in a single module.
- This e-initiative would help in reducing physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities and thereby minimizing the chances of any tax harassment.
3)Health ministry, signs MoU with WB:-
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Government of West Bengal to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine at Kolkata.
- Government of India has approved this important initiative with an outlay of approximately Rs.200 Crores towards equipment, manpower and running costs.
- The move intends to strengthen the blood transfusion services in the State and the surrounding region.
4)Odisha to set up international standard sports city:-
- Chief minister Naveen Patnaik announced to set up the Kalinga International Sports City in the state capital to organize mega international events in future.
- “The proposed sports city would make eligible to bid for most international competitions including Commonwealth and Asian Games.
- With an aim to provide best of the sports infrastructures in other parts of the state, CM also announced to set up four satellite stadiums with world class infrastructures in four other municipal corporations– Cuttack, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela.
5)Gujarat government to take out Narmada Rath Yatra:-
- The Gujarat government has decided to celebrate the completion of Sardar Sarovar dam work on river Narmada by taking out a ‘Narmada Rath Yatra’ covering 10,000 villages across the state under the ‘Maa Narmada Mahotsav’ programme.
- Gujarat CM launched a website having all the information related to the entire project, such as Narmada river basin, Sauni scheme, Sujalam Sufalam irrigation scheme and canal network.
6)President launches three digital initiatives in education sector:-
- President Pranab Mukherjee launched two programmes and ‘National Academic Depository’ to take education to the remotest corners of the country with the help of technology.
- The programmes Swayam and Swayam Prabha — for making education more accessible — and the depository were conceived and executed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Under Swayam, courses would be offered through digital classrooms with online study material available free of cost in videos.
- Swayam Prabha would tap into the potential of Direct to Home Service wherein a person can install a dish antenna for about Rs 1,500 and have access to 32 digital educational channels run by the HRD Ministry.
- ‘National Academic Depository’ verified educational records would be digitally stored by universities or a board to counter forgery.
7)First Edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden” Hosted in New Delhi:-
- The First edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity was hosted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The Plenary session was chaired by the Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju and the Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Shri Jayant Sinha was also present on this occasion.
- India is one of the fastest growing aviation markets and currently the ninth largest civil aviation market in the world.It is projected to be the third largest aviation market by 2020.
1)Okinoshima island gains UNESCO World Heritage status:-
- A men-only island in Japan where women are banned has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The tiny landmass of Okinoshima is permanently manned by a Shinto priest who prays to the island’s goddess, in a tradition that has been kept up for centuries.
- Limited numbers are permitted to land on the island in the Sea of Japan (East Sea).
1)India to import US crude for first time:-
- India, the world’s third-largest oil importer, has sealed a first deal to import crude oil from the US.
- IOC have bought 2 million barrels of crude oil from North America comprising 1.6 million barrels of US Mars crude and 400,000 barrels of Western Canadian Select.
- US Mars is a heavy, high-sulphur grade which will be processed at IOC’s newest refinery at Paradip in Odisha.
2)GMR gets Rs. 1,330 cr loan from Axis Bank:-
- GMR Goa International Airports Limited (GGIAL), subsdiary of GMR Airports has successfully executed a debt facility arrangement for the development of the greenfield project at Mopa in north Goa by signing a common loan agreement with Axis Bank.
- The bank will provide the company with Rs 1330 crore. The Greenfield airport will be developed in stages and will be scaled up as per traffic growth demands.
- This airport will be a full service airport catering to domestic and international passenger besides freight services.
1)India tops medal tally at Asian Athletics:-
- India topped the medal tally for first time in the history of Asian Athletics Championships, pushing China to second spot.
- India ended the four-day championships on top with their highest ever medal haul of 29 medals (12 gold, 5 silver and 12 bronze.
- China ended this edition on second position with 8 gold, 7 silver and 5 bronze.
Asian Athletics Championship 2017 was held in Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar.
2)Harinder wins South Australian Open title:-
- India’s Harinder Pal Sandhu beat Rhys Dowling of Australia 11-8 12-10 11-4 in the final to lift South Australian Open squash title.
- It was Sandhu’s eighth title at the PSA level and the third this season after winning two in Malaysia in the month of May.
1)IROAF won Golden Peacock Award 2017:-
- Indian Railways achieves a major landmark in the field of Eco friendly fuel technologies at Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF) which has been awarded the coveted National level “Golden Peacock Award for the Year 2017 for Eco-Innovation” for substitution of fossil fuels (Diesel) by environment friendly CNG in DEMU passenger train services.
- Use of CNG in Train Sets for passenger transportation has been done for the first time in the world.
- The CNG based dual fuel 1400 HP engine used in DEMU trains developed by IROAF has successfully substituted diesel fuel with CNG upto 20%.
1)National Level Conference on “Capacity Building of SDRFs-2017”:-
(Disaster management, GS-3)
- National Level Conference on “Capacity Building of SDRFs-2017.
- The conference was organised by National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to develop a synergy and to highlight way ahead to strengthen the response capabilities of State Disaster Response Forces (SDRFs).
- National level conference on capacity building of SDRF-2017, the Union Home Secretary, Shri Rajiv Mehrishi addressed the delegates from the states. He emphasized that NDRF and SDRFs to work together on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) by educating the community and adopt new technologies to tackle the new emerging challenges besides their primary role.
- The strengthening of SDRF by specialized training and equipping with latest gadgets for prompt and timely response to disaster.
- The Home Secretary also assured State representatives to provide every possible help for making SDRF a self- contained response Force.
2)India signs the Multilateral Convention to implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) in Paris:-
(Internation Relation GS-2, Economy GS-3)
- Commitment to co-operate in the global efforts to tackle aggressive tax planning.
Significance of this move:-
The event marks a milestone in the global efforts to check tax evasion and tax planning strategies that exploit gaps and mismatches in
tax rules to artificially shift profits to low or no-tax jurisdictions where there is no or little economic activity resulting in no or little overall
corporate tax being paid.
The Multilateral Convention aims at swift and consistent implementation of the treaty related BEPS measures. India has been a very
active player in this global initiative and has significantly contributed to the development of the new international standards under the BEPS
India would welcome more and more jurisdictions to become signatories the Multilateral Convention and also include more of their bilateral
treaties as Covered Tax Agreements.
The Convention will ensure that the minimum standards regarding prevention of treaty abuse and amelioration of the international tax dispute
resolution process are implemented in all Covered Tax Agreements quickly.
Other BEPS outcomes such as amendment of the definition of the term ‘Permanent Establishment’ to plug unintended interpretation leading to
fiscal evasion, prevention of double non-taxation of hybrid entities, time threshold for treaty benefits to dividend and capital gains transactions
will be incorporated in the Covered Tax Agreements where all Contracting Parties agree.
Signatories representing 68 jurisdictions signed the Convention which will have the effect of amending most of the bilateral tax treaties of the
signatory jurisdictions in respect of treaty related measures under the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) package for preventing
artificial tax avoidance, prevention of treaty abuse, and improve dispute resolution.
3)‘DigiYatra’- A New Digital Experience for Air Travellers:-
(Human geography GS-1, Sci & Tech GS-3)
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation is adding a Digital experience for Air Travellers through DigiYatra Platform.
- The ‘DigiYatra’ is an industry-led initiative co-ordinated by the Ministry in line with the Prime Minister Digital India’s vision to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society.
- This follows Air Sewa which brings together all the stakeholders on a common platform for handling customer grievances and disseminating real-time data.
The Minister of State for Civil Aviation, the report on ‘DigiYatra’.
‘DigiYatra’ initiative aims to bring together entire industry to develop a digital ecosystem that will deliver Indian customers a seamless,
consistent and paperless service experience at every touch point of their journey.
DigiYatra initiative envisages providing airline travellers in India, a pioneering ‘digitally unified flying experience’ across all stages of their
4)Augmenting Cancer treatment facilities in the North East:-
(Social Development GS-1,2,3)
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the following:-
- Taking over Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and bringing it under the administrative control of Tata Memorial Centre, an Aided institution of DAE;
- The decision comes in the wake of the increasing instances of cancer, limited cancer treatment facilities and the need for a hospital support to carry out further research in North Eastern Region.
- The approximate non-recurring expenditure for strengthening of institute is estimated at Rs. 150 crore and annual recurring expenditure is estimated at Rs. 45- 50 crore.
- Borooah Cancer Institute was established in 1974 in Guwahati with the aim and objective of investigation, diagnosis and treatment of cancer in the North Eastern region of India by a voluntary organization.
- Government of Assam took over the institute with all its assets and liabilities in
1986 and entered into a tripartite agreement with the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and North Eastern Council for management of the institute.
- The institute is presently a 209 bedded hospital with 8 bedded ICU. Tata Memorial hospital under DAE is a premier research institution in the field of cancer research and treatment.
- TMC under the aegis of DAE has been extending financial and technical support to the institute since 1989. Chief Minister of Assam in October 2013 had proposed that DAE
should take over the institute to develop it as a center for excellence for cancer treatment, education and research for the entire North East.
5)SATH program launched by NITI Aayog:-
(Governance GS-2, Social Development GS-3)
- Furthering the agenda for cooperative federalism, NITI Aayog has launched SATH, a program providing ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ with the State Governments.
- The vision of the program is to initiate transformation in the education and health sectors. The program addresses the need expressed by
many states for technical support from NITI.
- SATH aims to identify and build three future ‘role model’ states for health systems.
NITI will work in close collaboration with their state machinery to design a robust roadmap of intervention, develop a program governance structure, set up monitoring and tracking mechanisms, hand-hold state institutions through the execution stage and provide support on a range of institutional measures to achieve the end objectives.
- The program will be implemented by NITI along with McKinsey & Company and IPE Global consortium, who were selected through a
competitive bidding process.
Selection of states:-
- To select the three model states, NITI defined a three-stage process – expression of interest, presentations by the states and assessment of commitment to health sector reforms.
- States will be selected on the basis of evaluations and objective assessment of criteria affecting the potential for impact and likelihood of success.
- Metrics such as MMR, IMR, incidence of malaria and others have been considered for determining potential impact while density of doctors and nurses, compliance to IPHS norms are some of the metrics used to determine likelihood of success.
6)President of India launches mobile app ‘Selfie with Daughter”:-
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee launched a mobile Application ‘Selfie with Daughter’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan (June 9, 2017). The ‘Selfie with Daughter’ campaign was started by Shri Sunil Jaglan in June 2015 in village Bibipur, Jind, Haryana. A former
Sarpanch, Shri Jaglan has been working in the field of women empowerment and village development.
- The aim of the campaign is to motivate society to feel proud to be parents of a girl child which will result in improving the child sex
- Selfie-with-Daughter has become a world-wide movement against female foeticide and sex selection.
- This would eventually help in dealing with the problems arising out of gender imbalance and will promote woman empowerment in Society.
- The App is an innovative concept and an act of gentle persuasion.
Sex ratio in India:-
- In the Population Census of 2011 it was revealed that the population ratio of India 2011 is 940 females per 1000 of males.
- The Sex Ratio 2011 shows an upward trend from the census 2001 data. Census 2001 revealed that there were 933 females to that of 1000 males.
7)22ND APEDA Annual Award:-
(Food Processing GS-3)
- In order to felicitate the exporters for their distinguished service in exportsof Indian Agro and Processed Food, 82 awards were presented for the years 2014-15 and 2015-16. The awards were in the following categories: Diamond – 2 Gold – 33 Silver – 29 Bronze –
- Allanasons Ltd. got the “Diamond Trophy” for both years for their outstanding export performance and overall contribution in food sector.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authoritypopularly known as APEDA is an apex body of the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, to promote the export of agricultural commodities and processed food products.
- APEDA links Indian exporters to global markets besides providing comprehensive export oriented services. APEDA provides referral services and suggest suitable partners for joint ventures.
- APEDA’s export basket ranges from typically Indian ethnic products like pickles, chutneys, sauces, curries etc. to rice, honey, fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, beverages, guar gum, poultry, livestock products, confectionery, cut flowers, food grains, aromatic plants and other Indian delicacies.
India’s agro-product exports:-
(Agriculture & Food Processing GS-3)
- India has emerged as 7th largest exporter of agro-products.
- APEDA in association with the concerned line Ministries is addressing issues relating to market access. The total merchandise exports during 2016-17 stood at 276.28 billion US$ out of which agri exports comprised of 33.38 billion US$ representing 12.08% of the total exports.
- Exports of food products monitored by APEDA during 2016-17 stood at 16.28 billion US$ (Rs.1,08,867.17 crore) representing 48.77% of Agri exports from the country.
- Vietnam, UAE, Saudi Arabia, USA, Iran, Iraq and Nepal are the major destinations for export of food products from India.
- India has signed the Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) for Participation in the ANUGA Exhibition with Ms Katharina C Hamma, Chief
Operating Officer, Koelnmesse GmBH (Organizers of ANUGA).
- ANUGA – an acronym for Allgemeine Nahrungs Und Genußmittel Ausstellung (General Food and Non- essential Provisions Exhibition) is the world’s biggest and most important trade fair for Food and beverage trade. It is Organised in every 2 years. ANUGA 2017 is the 34th edition.
- ANUGA offers an extensive supporting programme with Lectures, Special exhibition and attractive industry events ANUGA is the leading export platform with 7,189 exhibitors from 109 countries with over 85% of Exhibitors from abroad.
- 1,60,000 decision makers from the retail and out-of-home market from 192 countries visited during last ANUGA. 66% of the industry visitors
8)Successful Flight Test of ATGM Nag:-
- The Anti-Tank Guided Missile Nag was successfully flight tested in the desert ranges of Rajasthan.
- Nag is a third-generation, fire-and-forget, anti-tank guided missile developed by India’s state-owned Defence Research and Development
Organisation (DRDO) to support both mechanised infantry and airborne forces of the Indian Army.
- The missile incorporates an advanced passive homing guidance system and possesses high single-shot kill probability. It is designed to destroy modern main battle tanks and other heavily armoured targets.
- Nag can be launched from land and air-based platforms. The land version is currently available for integration on the Nag missile carrier (NAMICA), which is derived from a BMP-2 tracked infantry combat vehicle.
- The Nag missile was indigenously developed under the Indian Ministry of Defence’s integrated guided missile development programme (IGMDP), which also involved the development of four other missiles that are Agni, Akash, Trishul and Prithvi.
1)India, Bangladesh to construct bridge along Mizoram border:-
- India and Bangladesh have decided to construct a bridge over Mizoram’s Khawthlangtuipui river (also known as Karnaphuli river) to facilitate trade and improve communication between the two neighbours.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had given the approval to construct the bridge and linking roads.
2)Chhattisgarh tops list of states in issuance of soil health cards:-
- Chhattisgarh has topped the list among all the states in the country for having issued over 43 lakh soil health cards (SHCs) to farmers in the past two years.
- As against the target of providing 38,90,709 SHCs in the first phase of the scheme between 2015 and 2017 financial years, as many as 43,37,595 SHCs were issued to farmers in the state.
3)India’s first university for Dalit students to come up in Hyderabad:-
- A proposal to establish an exclusive university for Dalit students in Hyderabad is under active consideration of the Telangana government.
- The university is said to be part of the government’s policy of providing education free of cost to students from weaker sections from kindergarten to post-graduation (KG to PG) level.
- The proposal was mooted by a government arm – Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (TSWREIS).
4)Goa gets Rs 100 crore for tourism infrastructure:-
- Goa has been allotted Rs 100 crore by the Union ministry for tourism under phase II of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- The funds will be used for developing the state’s coastal circuit from Panaji to Palolem.
While the initial allotment of Rs 100 crore under phase I for coastal circuit development is being utilized for developing the coastal belt in North Goa from Sinquerim to Keri, the phase II allotment of Rs 100 crore will be utilized for developing the South Goa coastline from Panaji to Palolem.
5)Naqvi inaugurates first Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Centre in Hyderabad:-
- Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that besides providing various job-oriented skill development courses, Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Centres of Ministry of Minority Affairs will also offer certificate course in Goods and Services Tax accounting/programming and other related subjects.
- While inaugurating the first Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Centre at Vijayanagar Colony in Hyderabad, Shri Naqvi said that the youths, after completing about three-months duration Goods and Services Tax course, will not only be able to help small-medium traders and the common people, but they will also immensely benefitted by this course as it will open vast job opportunities in the related sectors.
1)12th G20 Summit held in Hamburg, Germany:-
- The 2017 G20 Hamburg summit was the twelfth meeting of the Group of Twenty (G20), which was held on 7–8 July 2017, at Hamburg Messe, in the city of Hamburg, Germany.
- As well as permanent members of the committee, the leaders of Guinea, the Netherlands, Norway, the Philippines, Senegal, Singapore, Spain and Vietnam were also in attendance.
- THE G20, or group of 20, is an international meeting between heads of states, finance ministers and central bank governors from the world’s leading economies.
- Founded in 1999 to give developing countries a more powerful voice in the global economy, the summit brings together industrialised and emerging economies.
- The group makes up 85 per cent of the world’s GDP and two-thirds of its population.
Next G-20 summit will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2)Petroleum Minister to represent India at 22nd World Petroleum Congress:-
- Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan will be visiting Istanbul, Turkey from 10 – 12 July 2017 to represent India at the 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference.
- During his participation at the Conference, Shri Pradhan will be chairing a Ministerial Session on the subject “Current Economic Strategies in Indian Oil & Gas Sector” and a Plenary Session on ‘Supply and Demand Challenges for Oil, Gas and Products’.
- He is scheduled to hold several bilateral meetings with visiting Petroleum Ministers.
- The tri-annual WPC Conference is widely recognized as the `Olympics` of the oil and gas industry.
1)SBI in Nepal launches digital village:-
- The digital village initiative has been launched in Jarisingpouwa in Shankarapur Rural Municipality, 25 km east from Kathmandu.
- The cash counter enables the villagers to deposit and withdraw money through the automatic machine.
2)GST intelligence agency gets new chief:-
- Joseph, a 1983 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has worked in the Finance Ministry’s important departments, including the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
- The DG GSTI is the new name given to the Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence (DGCEI), mandated to check service tax and central excise duty evasion.
3)Centre launches GST Rates Finder app:-
- The Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley launched a mobile app “GST Rates Finder” in his chamber in the national capital which is now available on android platform and will soon be available on iOS platform as well.
- This Mobile app helps users to find rates of GST for various goods and services.
CBEC has also provided a GST rate finder on its portal to help the taxpayers know the applicable GST rate on their supplies of goods and services.
- A taxpayer can search for applicable CGST, SGST, UTGST rate and Compensation Cess on a supply.
1)Trilateral Malabar exercise to kick off on July 10:-
- The Malabar naval exercise involving Indian, American and Japanese navies will kick start on July 10 in the Bay of Bengal, amid China’s growing military assertiveness in the disputed South China Sea.
- A sizeable number of aircraft, naval ships and nuclear submarines of the navies of the three countries will be part of the annual exercise.
- India and the US have regularly conducted the annual exercise since 1992.
2)Italy passes bill to make torture illegal:-
- Italian lawmakers have finally passed a bill making torture a crime under national law, after years of parliamentary back-and-forth.
- Rome signed the UN Convention Against Torture in 1984 but had never transferred it into national legislation.
3)India slips to be 4th largest investor in:-
- India has slipped by one spot to become the fourth-largest foreign investor into the UK, according to the official figures released.
- The US remains on the top, investing in 577 projects in the UK, with China (including Hong Kong) remaining in second place with 160 projects.
- India set up 127 new projects in Britain last year.
- However, it lost its position as the third largest investor in the UK to France which set up 131 projects last year, according to the data.
1)India declares itself free from Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (H5N1 and H5N8):-
- India has declared itself free from Avian Influenza (H5N8 and H5N1) from 6th June, 2017 and notified the same to OIE.
- India had reported outbreaks of Highly Pathogenic Avian influenza at various epicenters in Delhi, Gwalior (MP), Rajpura (Punjab), Hissar (Haryana), Bellary (Karnataka), Allappuzha and Kottayam (Kerala), Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Daman (Daman) and Khordha and Angul (Odisha during October, 2016 to February, 2017.
- All the outbreaks of Avian Influenza (HPAI) mentioned above were notified to OIE and the control and containment operations were carried out as per the Action Plan on Preparedness, Control and Containment of Avian Influenza.
2)“JIGYASA” – Student-Scientist connect programme launched:-
Jigyasa, a student- scientist connect programme was officially launched in the national capital.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has joined hands with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to implement this programme.
The focus is on connecting school students and scientists so as to extend student’s classroom learning with that of a very well planned research laboratory based learning.
3)Garib Nawaz Skill Development Centres to be established in 100 districts of the country:-
- The Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Garib Nawaz Skill Development Centres will be established in 100 districts of the country which will effectively ensure employment oriented skill development of youth belonging to Minority communities.
- Naqvi, that in next six months, Garib Nawaz Skill Development Centres, providing job oriented skill training in various fields, will be established in 100 districts.
1)EPFO ties up with 5 banks to collect PF dues:-
- Retirement fund body EPFO has inked pacts with five banks for collections of PF dues.
- The tie-ups with Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bankand Kotak Mahindra Bank will help EPFO save around Rs 125 crore a year and expedite its investments as well as payment of benefits to its members.
- Employers having bank account with these banks can now deposit PF dues directly in EPFO’s account using internet banking in real time basis instead of going through the aggregator mode.
2)Indus OS partners with YES Bank to launch OS-integrated UPI platform:-
- Indus OS has partnered with YES Bank to launch OS-integrated UPI (Unified Payment Interface) payment platform in India.
- Users with Indus OS will be able to use this UPI payment platform on SMS/ messaging, dialler interface, and on third party apps like WhatsApp.
- This means P2P transactions as well as utility payments can be made via SMS or messaging. The platform is expected to launch in this quarter.
3)India likely to clock GDP growth of 6.9 pc this fiscal:-
- Indian economy is expected to recover in the coming quarters and the country is expected to clock a real GDP growth of 6.9 per cent in this financial year.
- According to a report by BMI Research, India’s growth is expected to pick up following the negative ramifications from the demonetisation drive in November 2016, but weak public banks will likely cap the recovery.
4)Srei Teams Up With Russian Development Bank To Create $200 Mn IT Fund:-
- Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited has joined hands with Russian Government-owned Vnesheconombank to create a $200 Mn fund.
- The fund aims to facilitate innovation in the field of information technology (IT).
Headquartered at Kolkata, the family-run company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the development bank last month, as part of the Indian government’s continued efforts to foster cooperation with Russia.
- Three lakh more suspected shell companies to get show-cause notice Allegedly, 300,000 companies have been identified by the government as indulging in unlawful transactions since demonetization Out of these 300, 000 companies, 100,000 have been de-registered.
- And another 37,000 shell companies has been identified that has been involved converting black money in to white, these steps are part of the Government’s action to ensure regular flow of data from the Swiss national bank to keep check fraudulent transactions.
- The attempt is to restrict Chartered Accountants to come up with ways of helping their clients but to be diligent in their accounting.
Inquiry to be done:-
If companies de-registered have been found to be involved in money laundering, they would be brought under the probe radar of the Enforcement Directorate (ED)
Concurrently, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) decided to send show-cause notice to over three lakh more firms for striking off their names from the ‘register of companies’
The MCA has acted against the companies for not filling returns.
It will further approach banks with the list of companies where action has been taken to ensure that they are unable to operate their bank accounts or access loans.
Also the ministry is writing to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to scan for any violation of provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
RoC’s Notice can be Challenged:-
Section 252 of the Companies Act points out that persons aggrieved by the RoC order — notifying a company as dissolved under Section 248 of the Act — may file an appeal to the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) within three years from the RoC’s order.
If the NCLT finds that the removal of the company’s name was unjustified, it may order its restoration in the register.
The Directorate of Enforcement:-
It is a law enforcement agency and economic intelligence agency responsible for enforcing economic laws and fighting economic crime in India.
It is part of the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance. It comprises officers of the Indian Revenue Service, Indian Police Service and the Indian Administrative Service.
The origin of this Directorate goes back to 1 May 1956, when an ‘Enforcement Unit’ was formed, in Department of Economic Affairs, for handling Exchange Control Laws violations under Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1947. In the year 1957, this Unit was renamed as ‘Enforcement Directorate.
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 (FEMA).
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002 (PMLA)