1. Gadkari lays foundation stone for Cochin Shipyard’s Rs 970-crore Ship Repair Facility:-
- The Minister of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari has said that Cochin is all set to become a global ship repair hub.
- He was speaking at Cochin, after laying the foundation stone for a Rs 970-crore International Ship Repair Facility (ISRF) for Cochin Shipyard Limited.
- The facility is being built at Cochin Port Trust where CSL has leased out a 40-acre plot for the project.
- Shri Gadkari also inaugurated the conference Build The Ship – 2017 organized by the Ministry of Shipping in Cochin.
2. Qaumi Ekta Week will be observed from November 19-25, 2017:-
- With a view to foster and reinforce the spirit of Communal Harmony, National Integration and pride in vibrant, composite culture and nationhood, the “Qaumi Ekta Week” (National Integration Week) will be observed all over the country, from the 19th to 25th November, 2017. The week long programmes to be observed during Qaumi Ekta Week will be as under:
- November 19, 2017 will be observed as National Integration Day and programmes like meetings, symposia and seminars will be organized to emphasize the themes of secularism, anti-communalism and non-violence.
- November 20, 2017 will be observed as Welfare of Minorities Day and Items of the 15 Point Programme are emphasized on this day. In riot prone towns, special fraternal processions are taken out.
3. Japan Mela in Kerala:-
- The Indo Japan Chamber of Commerce Kerala (INJACK) is organising first Japan Mela in Kochi.The event will showcase the best Japanese products and services that creates market for Japan.
- It will be inaugurated by Kenji Hiramatsu, Japanese Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary in India.
4. Karnataka ties up with Intel’s Mobileye:-
- The Aim of the partnership is to launch a project for automotive safety. The project will create a repository of road and traffic information.
- Nivruti Rai, country head, Intel India, vice president of Data Center Group, said the project contribute to make roads safer with driving becoming more intelligent and efficient.
5. CANEUS establishes Space centre in Andhra Pradesh:-
- CANEUS International,a agreement with the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) and the Andhra Pradesh State Skills Development Corporation (APSSDC) to establish a Centre of Excellence on Space Sciences and Technologies for Development (CoE4SSTD) at Hindpur in Anantapur.
6. Mumbai hosts Conference on Natural Resources:-
- A two-day conference on ‘Towards Resource Resilient India’ started in Mumbai.Issues related to both biotic and abiotic natural resources were discussed.
- It was Organised by the Indian National Association.
7. Assam: Namami Barak festival to begin today in Silchar:-
- In Assam, the first ever Namami Barak festival at Police Parade ground in Silchar. Namami Barak is an celebrated to pay tribute to the River Barak.
8. India to have 200 crore IoT devices in 4 years,Ravi Shankar Prasad:-
- Internet of things (IoT) devices in India are expected to rise for 200 crore in the next 3-4 years
- Any product whose function can be controlled using internet comes under the category of IoT.
9. 12th North East Business Summit:-
- The Two-day “12th North-East Business Summit” was inaugurated in New Delhi.The summit aims to explore the scope for business opportunities in the North-Eastern region of India.
- The Summit is being organized by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), with Manipur being the state partner for the event.
10. Scientific and Technological Cooperation agreement between India and Belarus:-
- The Union Cabinet approved an agreement between India and Belarus on Scientific and Technological Cooperation.It is been approved for mutual benefit in the areas of science, technology, agriculture.
- The agreement was signed between Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB).
11. PM Awas Yojana:-
- Under the PMAY-U, the Centre aims to provide houses to all the urban poor by 2022.The Centre approved the enhancement of the carpet area of houses for The middle-income group (MIG) category under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U).
- Under the MIG-I category, the carpet area of the houses has been enhanced from 90 sq.mtr to 120 sq.mtr, while under the MIG-II segment, it has been increased to 150 sq.mtr from the current 110 sq.mtr, said by Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
12. First Air Ambulance in Assam:-
- Assam Transport, Industries and Commerce Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary formally launched an air ambulance service at NEDF (North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd) House, Dispur.
- The air ambulance is equipped with all emergency medical equipment and medical team to take care of patients onboard.
1. India’s global rank up for reducing greenhouse gas emissions:-
- India is ranked 14th in this year’s Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2018 out of 56 nations for reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- The top three rankings are still unoccupied as the report says no country is on a Paris-compatible path.
- Sweden ranks fourth in this year’s CCPI, following the empty top three.
2. Founding Ceremony of International Solar Alliance Held in Germany:-
- A Curtain Raiser Event for the Founding Ceremony of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was held in Bonn, Germany.
- Shri Anand Kumar, Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy was present at the event from the Indian side.
- The ISA was jointly launched on 30 November 2015 by Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, and then-President of France, Francois Hollande, on the sidelines of the UNFCCC Conference of Parties 21 (CoP21) at Paris, France.
3. Annual naval exercise by Japan and US Japan:-
- Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) and U.S Navy(U.S.N) have started a joint drill. This is the annual bilateral training exercise of two countries.
- The exercise in the waters surrounding Okinawa,near Korean Penninsula
4. Ahmedabad Metro Signs with S.Korea:-
- MEGA Co. Ltd., the implementing agency for Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project, gives ₹1,025-crore contract for manufacturing 96 Metro coaches to the South Korean rolling stock manufacturer, M/S Hyundai Rotem.
5. 4th Global Conference on Sustained Eradication of Child Labour Held in Argentina:-
- The Conference on the Sustained Eradication of Child Labour was organized by the Government of
- Argentina and was held in Buenos Aires,Argentina.
- This Global Conference covers both the sustained eradication of child labour and the elimination of forced labour. It will also address the issue of the quality of youth employment.
1. United Bank of India plans to raise Rs 500 cr:-
- State-owned Union Bank of India (UBI) plans to raise up to Rs 500 crore to comply with the global standard Basel III banking norms by March 2019.
- Banks globally have to comply with the Basel III norms so as to improve and strengthen their capital planning processes.
2. Paytm and ICICI Bank ties up together to offer short-term instant digital credit:-
- Digital payments services company, Paytm entered into a tie-up with ICICI Bank to jointly launch ‘Paytm-ICICI Bank Postpaid’, that offers short-term credit to their common customers.
- The offers instant digital credit for various transactions including payment for movie tickets, bill payments, flights, as well as physical goods without any documentation or transaction fees.
- Under this facility, real-time credit assessment of customers is done through Big Data based algorithm of ICICI Bank.