Instructions: Write two essays, choosing one from each of the following Section A & B, in about 1000-1200 words. Total Marks: 125 x 2 =250
1. Alternative technologies for a climate change resilient India.
2. A good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
3. Poverty anywhere is a threat to prosperity everywhere.
4. Management of Indian
border disputes –a complex task.
SECTION – B
1. Customary morality cannot be a guide to modern life.
2. ‘The past’ is a permanent dimension of human consciousness and values.
3. A people that values its privileges above its principles loses both.
4. Reality does not conform to the ideal, but confirms it.
This year UPSC has once again established its dynamism. Section-B of 2018 essay paper is entirely philosophical and ethics based. Hence candidates must compulsorily attend atleast one essay from this section.
Philosophical or quotation based essays need broad thinking and the essay must move through a wide canvas. These essays not only test the writing skills of the candidates but also the attitude.
Hence, aspirants of CSE – 2019 must broaden their perspective, thought process and improve their writing skills further to score above average marks in Essay paper.